By Committee on Homeland Security House of Representatives
Read Online or Download A New Perspective on Threats to the Homeland PDF
Similar terrorism books
This ebook argues that disaster is a selected approach of governing destiny occasions – reminiscent of terrorism, weather swap or pandemics – which we won't expect yet that may strike abruptly, all of sudden, and reason irreversible harm. At a time the place disaster more and more services as a signifier of our destiny, imaginaries of pending doom have fostered new modes of anticipatory wisdom and redeployed latest ones.
This ebook examines the query of no matter if justice or protection is the first advantage of 21st-century society. the problem of improving defense with no undermining justice – dealing with chance with no undermining the rule of thumb of legislation – has consistently been not easy. even though, fresh advancements comparable to new counter-terrorism measures, the increasing scope of legal legislation, harsher migration keep watch over and an more and more said obstacle with public defense, have posed new demanding situations.
Waffen, Morde, Banküberfälle und ein geheimnisvolles Leben im Untergrund - Beate Zschäpe, Uwe Mundlos und Uwe Böhnhardt terrorisierten über zehn Jahre das Land. Wie konnten sie sich zu eiskalten Mördern entwickeln? Wie schafften sie es, ein Leben im Verborgenen zu führen? Welche Rolle spielten dabei ihre Unterstützer, welche die Sicherheitsbehörden?
This is often the 1st accomplished learn of the center philosophical questions posed through terrorism resembling: How should still we outline it? Is it morally detailed? Can it's morally justified? Igor Primoratz seeks to beat relativism and double criteria that regularly plague debates approximately terrorism. He investigates the most moral techniques to terrorism: by way of its effects, rights and justice, “supreme emergency,” and the collective accountability of electorate.
- The Middle East in the Shadow of Afganistan and Iraq (Conference Proceedings (Rand Corporation))
- The Geography of International Terrorism: An Introduction to Spaces and Places of Violent Non-State Groups
- 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing - Terrorist Tragedy at the Murrah Federal Building - Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, Foreign Connections, Right-Wing Domestic Terrorists, OKBOMB Task Force
- Are Muslim Diaspora in the U.S. Vulnerable to Islamic Extremism? Four Terrorist Case Studies, Boston Bombers Tsarnaev, Analysis of Role of Governance, Economics, Religion, U.S. Homeland Involvement
- Counter-Terrorism: International Law and Practice
Extra resources for A New Perspective on Threats to the Homeland
A New Perspective on Threats to the Homeland by Committee on Homeland Security House of Representatives