By Stephen Westerholm
- Offers an entire assessment of the existence, writings and legacy of 1 of the main figures of Christianity
- The essays compass the key topics of Paul's existence and paintings, in addition to his impression throughout the centuries on theology, Church educating, social ideals, paintings, literature, and modern highbrow thought
- Edited by way of one of many top figures within the box of Pauline Studies
- The individuals comprise a number of world-renowned academics
Read or Download The Blackwell Companion to Paul (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Whereas a number of the chapters concentrate on systemic matters, others probe the depths of person Gospel passages. The author’s prepared eye for textual element, archaeological information, comparative fabrics, and systemic overviews make this quantity a pleasure for someone drawn to figuring out Jesus in his personal context.
"Are You stressed is my brief, effortless to learn, summation of the Bible as I comprehend it. Making notes as I learn, I condensed every one publication of the outdated and New testomony right into a concise instruction which i'm hoping will attract readers to discover the Bible intensive, thereby gaining a better wisdom and figuring out of its contents.
An advent to the literary and theological message of Revelation utilizing the subjects of evil and soreness as a conceptual organizer, which supplies readers a right away connection among this old textual content and their lives. even supposing frequently learn as a e-book of wierd visions in regards to the finish of time, the e-book of Revelation is de facto the most proper books within the Bible for Christian religion within the twenty-first century.
What if every thing that almost all Christians think in regards to the "Great Tribulation" and the long run that's waiting for the Church was once incorrect? Do you actually recognize what the Bible teaches in this topic? learn as Dee Dee Warren rigorously outlines another point of view, and also you simply may possibly end up in contract.
- Jesus the Bridegroom: The Origin of the Eschatological Feast as a Wedding Banquet in the Synoptic Gospels
- And Still To Come - Volume 5 (The Strait and Narrow)
- Paul the Ancient Letter Writer: An Introduction to Epistolary Analysis
- God in Our Midst: The Tabernacle and Our Relationship with God
- And Then the End Will Come: Early Latin Christian Interpretations of the Opening of the Seven Seals (Studies in Medieval History and Culture)
- Old Testament Parallels: Laws and Stories from the Ancient Near East (Fully Revised and Expanded Fourth Edition)
Extra resources for The Blackwell Companion to Paul (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion)
The Blackwell Companion to Paul (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Religion) by Stephen Westerholm